As research experience, I went through an odyssey of computer-aided thinking in ‘splendid intellectual isolation’. This resulted in many files in all sorts of formats, including five patent applications that I was advised to withdraw.
In terms of science, I examined:
- photonics and the modelling of light-based processes
- physics and the simulation of electro-magnetic processes
- chemistry and the visualization of molecular happenings
- biology and measuring of cellular events
- the system of international measuring units.