When I started my odyssey of ‘re-visiting mathematics through the eyes of a mature programmer’, I used Microsoft Encarta as a reference library. It did not contain the words ‘dimensional’ or ‘dimensionality’.
Wikipedia, however, which has given us an unsurpassed library with access to globalised knowledge told me this morning about the Curse of Dimensionality!
I shall now think about a video that mentions the various mathematical insights that flow from dissolving this ‘curse’ and turning it into the blessing of layering complex data.
But as a patent agent told me already in 1997, theories can’t be patented; I must create vendible products.
I keep having to ask myself: what on earth will attract the funding necessary to program the next step towards Smart Knowledge Portals as ‘marketable products’?
- Pascal’s triangle and hypercubes (cartesianproduct.wordpress.com)
- A perfect synthesis of Art and Mathematics: Bernar Venet in Singapore (nicolaanthony.wordpress.com)
- The map – Trenton, NJ (travelpod.com)
- Sandra Walker: Facing the Unknown at Zero point (the2012scenario.com)
- Published / Preprint: Exponential random graph models (moneyscience.com)