My frustration with the Technology Strategy Board (TSB) has boiled over after attending the last workshop: sooo much effort for so many people and eventually 10 projects may get £60,000…
While I have my application for a Mobile Image Explorer sitting on the desks of their ‘independent’ assessors, I have therefore studied the crowd funding scene. There are supposed to be 44 platforms in the UK according to the global site crowdsourcing.com that comprises more than 1,800 crowd funders and publishes good industry reports.
This UK directory lists 16 sites with good details.
- Crowdfunding: the smarter way of letting ‘money’ circulate than institutionalised funding (forumnews.wordpress.com)
- How crowdfunding can kickstart the Big Society (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Value Add to CrowdFunding (startupiceland.com)
- 4 types of crowdfunding and what this means for the future of investments (undertheradarblog.com)
- Say it in 2 minutes, on video (3dmetrics.me.uk)